Ethiopian Construction Design and Supervision Works Corporation (ECDSWCo.) is transforming and diversifying from the current consultancy business operations. Taking advantage of the existing ECDSWCo.’s strength and maximizing on the newly emerging external opportunities that are being prevalent with the shifts in Ethiopian Economic Policy – the Corporation is aiming to play a significant role to the success of the Ethiopian Construction Industry -by creating a vibrant business institution that will not only fill the gap that is in the current construction industry, but also replace the need for having international construction companies that are dominating the government mega scale projects. To this, the Corporation is emerging as an Engineering and Investment Group.
The proposed name of the Group is ‘’Ethiopian Engineering and Investment Group (EEIG)’’. The Group will comprise of three main operational business units i.e., Consultancy, Construction and Investment. EEIG-Construction business unit key activities are high-end complex construction projects, predominately highrise commercial and residential buildings, real-estate; infrastructure (roads, railways and airports) & water and energy sector construction. EEIG-Construction alone would grow into a conglomerate of several business units including Piling, underground and foundation Works, Fit-Out, Energy (Solar Solutions), Electro- Mechanical Solution, Facility Management, Landscape and Construction Materials Production. EEIG Construction is launched with the vision of being the best construction company in Ethiopia with a strategy of Timeously executing high-end complex projects, by utilizing proactive management skills as a Design and Build Contractor in order to achieve an optimum return and aspiring to be a competitive and preferred choice that can replace the current dependence on international contractors and deliver excellence. EEIG Construction will uphold Courage, Integrity, Reliability, Value for its People and Innovation as its core values.
Position Overview/Scope of role:
This position is responsible for planning, scheduling, reviewing the work of junior project accountant, collect and record GRN & GIN, complete VAT declaration for project and submit to HO
Top Roles and Responsibilities:
· Create and submit government reports and tax returns related to projects.
· Support the project team regarding compliance, payments, reports and any other duties related to the project.
· Ensure to collect and record GRN and GIN raised in the project site in stock card (excel)
· Complete and submit VAT declaration each month to Head Office.
· Review and approve supplier invoices related to a project materials purchase.
· Review and approve overhead charges to be applied to a project
· Review account totals related to project assets and expenses
· Investigate project variances and submit variance reports to management
· Report on project profitability to management
· Report to management on any opportunities for additional billings
· Report to management regarding the remaining funding available for projects
· Create or approve all project-related billings to customers
· Investigate all project expenses not billed to customers
· Update project site fixed asset register and count annually and periodically as needed.
· Participate in year end and monthly fixed asset count
· Participate in year end and monthly inventory count
· Verifying inventory counts and recording adjustments to inventory levels for items that have been used, damaged, or lost
· Check the reconciliation of stock account system with general ledger.
· Ensure the management of petty cash, wage, fuel management and follow up and verify monthly cash count.
· Close out project accounts upon project completion and other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor degree in Accounting and Finance
· 5 and above years of experience as Project accountant in construction company.
· Strong Communication skills
· Works well under pressure and meets tight deadlines.. Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills
KEY NOTE BEFORE APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE
1. Ensure you fulfill the minimum set requirement.
2. If you fulfill the above, then you are expected to submit through Ethiojobs, your updated CV along with an motivation letter on why you want to be considered for this position.
3. All those that do not fulfill the above requirements will be rejected automatically.
4. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Apply Now Deadline Mar 5, 2023