job Summary: - Under the overall guidance of the Finance and Procurment Director the Accountant will process and reconcile a wide variety of accounting documents such as invoices, billing, cash receipts, journal vouchers, review and code financial information, prepare and process documents to disburse funds, make deposits and prepare reports, compile and review information for accuracy, maintain records and responsible to perform the overall finance and accounts functions.
CORE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Processes accurately and promptly all accounting transactions, operating expenses and other office running expenses
- Maintains accounts reconciled at any given point.
- Reviews regularly the open item accounts and resolves any outstanding items.
- Keeps relevant documents and invoices systematically to fully support the accounts.
- Prepares payment vouchers after careful verification of the supporting documents and prepare cheques against approved payment documents.
- Effects timely payments and resolve accounting related issues.
- Assists in the preparation of annual budget and ensure in the monitoring budget and expenses.
- Ensures CE internal control procedures are adhered with.
- Enters, updates, and/or retrieves accounting data from Peachtree accounting system.
- Posts financial data to appropriate account in Peachtree system accordingly.
- Performs bank account reconciliation with accounts records.
- Reconciles transactions, financial data, and other information in an automated accounting system.
- Updates and prepares monthly payroll for employees
- Maintains float, loan and salary advance registers.
- Monitors cash flow, and ensure that sufficient funds are always available in the bank.
- Ensures that all payroll deductions, withholding tax and other bills are made and paid to the concerned parties timely.
- Verifies that expenditures are budgeted, justified properly, signed and charged to the correct accounts.
- Keeps all financial source documents, vouchers, receipts, etc filed properly.
- Ensures that proper records of all financial transactions are kept.
- Prepares monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports.
- Conducts surprise cash count for petty cash and collections in the hands of the cashier
- Performs any other related duties as assigned to him/her by the immediate supervisor.
Residence area: Gurd shoal and suroundin, Megenagna, Jackros, and Summit will be an advantage
Duty Station:- Addis Ababa with frequent field visits
Work Unit: Finance Director
Immediate Supervisor: Finance Directorate
- BA in Accountant,
- Proved Knowledge of Peachtree Accounting is mandatory and IPSAS training Certificate will be an advantage
- 2years’ experience as an accountant
How to Apply
Interested Applicant who fulfills the above requirement should submit application letter and other credential in person to Cheshire Ethiopia Head office adjacent to Ethiopian Management Institute within 7 working days from the date of advertisement.
For further information tel. no 0911361102