Cooperative Bank of Oromia is proud to be a home to more than 10 million customers worldwide offering Retail, Cooperative, Institutional and Diaspora, IFB banking services with a vision of becoming the leading private bank in Ethiopia by 2025.
Position 1: Interest Free Banking Corporate CRM
Education: BA degree in Accounting, Management, and other business-related fields.
Experience: minimum of Seven years Banking experience.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Recruit potential customers and retain existing customers.
- Advises customers on nature, type, eligibility, etc. of credit facilities provided by the Bank.
- Conducts visit to customers’ business and responsible for due diligence report preparation and assessment.
- Protecting the Bank from establishing inappropriate relationships with non-beneficial customers.
- Identification of the borrower’s, credit worthiness, capacity, capital, collateral, character, legality and willingness to repay the loan.
- Recommends on loan requests of the customers and presents it to credit committee deliberation for final approval.
- Takes part on Credit Approving Committee meetings as resource person.
- Ensures the end use of the loan granted only for the purpose specified.
- Conducts regular loan follow-up on a case-by-case basis and identify early warning signals.
- Prepares and sends periodic loan reports to Credit Portfolio and Loan Recovery Management Team.
- Proposes workout strategies on irregular loans before they become non-performing for further remedial actions including legal actions.
- Ensures reminders are timely served by the lending branch to customers as per the procedure when loans fall in arrears.
- Periodically check and review loan and mortgage contracts and loan documentation.
- Forwards problem loans to Loan Recovery Team when the financial situation of a borrower shows serious signs of deterioration.
- Ensures discrepancies obtained from audit findings are rectified timely and properly.
- Ensures credit facilities availed to exporters is settled in foreign currency and productivity of loans in this sector is to the satisfaction of the bank.
- Ensure that resource mobilization of the bank is augmented by customers of each segment and works hard for the realization of exploitation of the maximum resource that can be obtained from the customers and their affiliates; and
- Performs other duties as deemed necessary.
- Job Location: Head Office
- Registration Place: Head Office (Bole, Dambel City Center 4th floor (Kindly use lift no.06))
Position 2: Interest Free Banking Retail CRM
Education and Experience: BA degree in Accounting, Management, and other business related fields.
Experience: minimum of Six years Banking experience.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Identify and develop new sources of business, to acquire and recruit new potential customers and develop strong relationships, to optimize the utilization of all products and services of the bank
- Retain existing customers by developing and maintaining fruitful relationship with the current customers
- Resolve customer issues i.e.: investigates and resolves customer complaints regarding service.
- Ensure customers’ needs are met.
- Guide branch customer service initiatives as per the established service standards of the bank
- Engage branch staffs to reinforce customer relation and promotes the service culture.
- Support branch staffs on developing, managing and growing customer relationships.
- Develop and enhance good relationships with community and other financial institutions.
- Prepare schedule for regular face-to-face meetings with the corporate customer of the branch for business discussion at the preference place of the customers.
- Ensure that all customers of the branch are well informed on bank’s product and services.
- Refer opportunities to other business segment managers where appropriate.
- Develop and monitor bank sales strategies to get area’s competitive advantage.
- Provides innovative and productive inputs to enhance the efficiency of the branch and widen the scope of the business to increase revenues as well.
- Support and coordinates the marketing efforts of the branch.
- Marketing branch within the community to attract business.
- Represents the bank in social and official affairs.
- Implement the designed strategy for the growth of quality services and customer recruitment.
- Ensure all document related to credit and Trade Service are properly and timely forwarded to the respective organs.
- Manage and monitor loan portfolio and ensure that long outstanding suspense accounts are cleared timely.
- Maintains and oversees all banking procedures and processes.
- Ensure proper communication of policies, procedures, circulars and other business communications to staff of the branch.
- Approve branches expense as per the limit.
- Ensure effective and proper utilization of branch’s resources.
- Rectify discrepancies and comments reported by internal auditors and controller.
- Monitor, verify, rectify and update all accounting records.
- Ensure compliance and monitoring is in place in accordance with rules, regulations and standards.
- Prepare financial statements and operational reports for the district and head office.
- Checks and balances daily cash on hand against journal and cash book and ensures that subsidiary accounts balance with their respective general ledger positions.
- Keeps custody of revenue stamps, loan security documents, and loan contracts.
- Keeps dual control of petty cash and vault key as needed.
- Documents and interprets complicated financial information for bank clients.
- Oversees financial reports for taxes, regulatory agencies, and other financial groups relating to branch finance.
- Monitoring budgets and ensuring sales targets are met, engaging and motivating staff to achieve objectives.
- Perform any other tasks as assigned by supervisor.
- Job Location: Head Office
- Registration Place: Head Office (Bole, Dambel City Center 4th Floor(Kindly use lift no.06))
- Remuneration: As per the Bank’s salary scale and benefit scheme
- Terms of employment: Permanent after probationary period
- Registration Deadline: March 16, 2023.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants who fulfill the above criteria can submit their copies of non-returnable CV with the application letter and copy of credentials; including copy of grade 8 ministry certificate and other supportive documents. Applicants should appear in person with original documents within seven consecutive working days from the date of announcement.