Position 1: Manager, Operation Management I
Educational Background: BA/BSc Degree in Economics, Accounting, Management, and other Business-related fields
Experience: Minimum of four years relevant Banking experience from which one year on Supervisory level.
Main Role and Responsibility
- Ensures that correct receipts and advices are issued to customers for all transactions.
- Approves and conforms transactions per approval limit.
- Checks and signs general ledger position after verifying its accuracy against proof sheets.
- Reconciles and follows-up accounts, and follow up long outstanding items of suspense nature
- Ensure timely settlement of suspense accounts,
- Ensures proper journalizing, balancing and posting of daily transactions
- Analyzes the genuineness of branch expenses
- Checks, signs or countersigns on documents and all transaction tickets
- Close the income and expense accounts of the branch
- Check blocking order, account closing, lost instruments report and registration of delinquent customers
- Adhere to branch security requirements in control of negotiable instruments
- Balances daily cash transaction
- Ensures the availability & maintenance of working equipment and sufficiency of stationery materials
- Perform other assigned duties by the supervisor
Duty Station: Homecho Branch (Located at SNNPR Region, Homecho Town), Under Hossana District
Registration Place: Hossana District Office (Located at Hossana Town)
Position 2: Branch Manager I
Educational Background: BA Degree in Economics, Accounting, Management, and other Business-related fields.
Experience: Minimum of Six years relevant Banking experience from which one year on Supervisory level.
Main Roles and responsibilities
- Identify and develop new sources of business, to acquire and recruit new potential customers and develop strong relationships, to optimize the utilization of all products and services of the bank.
- Retain existing customers by developing and maintaining fruitful relationship with the current customers.
- Resolve customer issues i.e.: investigates and resolves customer complaints regarding service.
- Ensure customers’ needs are met.
- Guide branch customer service initiatives as per the established service standards of the bank.
- Engage branch staffs to reinforce customer relation and promotes the service culture.
- Support branch staffs on developing, managing and growing customer relationships.
- Develop and enhance good relationships with community and other financial institutions.
- Prepare schedule for regular face-to-face meetings with the corporate customer of the branch for business discussion at the preference place of the customers,
- Ensure that all customers of the branch are well informed on bank’s product and services
- Refer opportunities to other business segment managers where appropriate
- Develop and monitor bank sales strategies to get area’s competitive advantage
- Provides innovative and productive inputs to enhance the efficiency of the branch and widen the scope of the business to increase revenues as well.
- Support and coordinates the marketing efforts of the branch
- Marketing branch within the community to attract business
- Represents the bank in social and official affairs
- Implement the designed strategy for the growth of quality services and customer recruitment.
- Ensure all document related to credit and Trade Service are properly and timely forwarded to the respective organs.
- Manage and monitor loan portfolio and ensure that long outstanding suspense accounts are cleared timely.
- Maintains and oversees all banking procedures and processes.
- Ensure proper communication of policies, procedures, circulars and other business communications to staff of the branch,
- Approve branches expense as per the limit.
- Ensure effective and proper utilization of branch’s resources,
- Rectify discrepancies and comments reported by internal auditors and controller.
- Monitor, verify, rectify and update all accounting records.
- Ensure compliance and monitoring is in place in accordance with rules, regulations and standards.
- Prepare financial statements and operational reports for the district and head office.
- Checks and balances daily cash on hand against journal and cash book and ensures that subsidiary accounts balance with their respective general ledger positions.
- Keeps custody of revenue stamps, loan security documents, and loan contracts.
- Keeps dual control of petty cash and vault key as needed
- Documents and interprets complicated financial information for bank clients
- Oversees financial reports for taxes, regulatory agencies, and other financial groups relating to branch finance
- Monitoring budgets and ensuring sales targets are met, engaging and motivating staff to achieve objectives.
- Ensuring that employees of the branch are comply to rule, regulations and other guidelines set by the bank
- day-to-day supervision and leadership by training, mentoring and guiding branch staff, to function effectively
- Identify, develop, deploy and retain talented staff including completing performance appraisals, personal development and succession plans effectively and on time in accordance with the established performance management system.
Duty Station: Teqwa Branch, Under West Finfinne District and Homecho Branch, Under Hossana District Office.
Registration Place: West Finfinne District Office and Hossana District Offices.
- Remuneration: As per the Bank’s salary scale and benefit scheme
- Terms of employment: Permanent after probationary period.
- Registration Deadline: February 09, 2023
How to Apply:
Interested applicants who fulfill the above criteria can submit their copies of non-returnable CV with the application letter and copy of credentials; including copy of grade 8 ministry certificate and other supportive documents.
Applicants should appear in person within original documents within seven consecutive working days from the date of announcement, only shortlisted applicants will be communicated for further process.